- X3DToolKit is a LGPL free C++ library for loading displaying and processing X3D models. It has been designed so that extending the X3D language is easy.
- Different uses of the library are possible:
- simply load and render static X3D models in OpenGL
- load and traverse the scene graph in order to edit it or simply extract informations
- extend easily the X3D language and use the new nodes in the two first use cases.
- The library is made up of three views of the X3D model. There are three scene graphs, which have a common interface.
- the X3D scene graph providing a simple translation of the file into a more usable data structure.
- the GL scene graph based upon nodes specialized in rendering
- the MESH scene graph providing fully customizable template mesh structures.
- To traverse the scene graphs taking in account the class hierarchy, the "double dispatching" technique is emulated, providing a way of factorizing code. The library provides also a set of functionalities, ie processors that traverses the scene graph and processes each node.
- The library doesn't implement all the X3D nodes and does not contain a complete X3D browser but the rendering of static objects is fast. In the case of off-screen rendering, or image saving, you can use the
X3DTK::Image class briefly explained here.
- Back to the X3DToolKit main page.
Generated on Fri Jul 30 12:02:27 2004 for X3DToolKit by